After my recent break up, my ex wanted to stay in touch. At the time, I had no clue as to why he wanted to stay in touch after the break up and it really confused me. I think they don't want to completely lose us completely. But the best thing to do is completely not have contact with your ex until you are over the break up.
Anyway, I have been giving a lot of thought as to why your ex wants to stay in touch after a break up. Here a few reason I can think of.
1. Your ex does not want to let you go in case something goes wrong with the new relationship your ex is involved in. Basically, you might a fall back option!
2. Your ex might want to stay in touch with you because he or she may not want you telling your friends that your ex is a “bad person” so that your ex can protect the reputation.
3. Your ex wants you to know that he or she has started a life without you and moved on.
4. Your ex just misses you as a friend, and wants to continue a friendly relationship with you as a result wants to stay in touch.
5. Your ex is still in love with you and has intentions to get back with you.
Did your ex dump you? If so, the chances of your ex still being in love with you is rare. So don’t have false hope that you two will get back together.
6. Your ex wants to make you feel jealous.
7. Your ex wants to see how your sorry life is, while they are moving on!
Were you the one that got dumped? If so, your ex might feel guilty about ending the relationship and as a result might want to say in touch after the break up.
8. Your ex may have trouble closing chapters in their life or accepting the break up. There is nothing wrong with being friends with your ex but you have to find out the intentions.
Any other reason you can think of as to why your ex wants to stay in touch after a break up?